I encourage all empaths to read Judith Orloff's book The Empath Survival Guide. It is an essential read for not just empaths but all sensitives alike.
One of the many informative areas covered in her book were the 7 types of empaths as summarized below.
1. Telepathic Empaths - T.E.'s read what is happening with others in present time. Even unexpressed thoughts and feelings.
2. Precognitive Empaths - Have premonitions about the future even while they’re awake or in their dreams. They have access to the non local realms, the Akashic records which hold the past, present, and future. PCE's also have access to highly charged negative events as these emotions send louder signals and keep us further in the 3D matrix.
3. Dream Empaths - Dreams bypass the ego and the linear mind to offer clear intuitive information. They bring guidance about healing, spirituality, and overcoming difficult emotions (sometimes through the power of nightmares). Dream empaths may have spirit guides who communicate during sleep. Can appear in many forms (animals, people, angels, or loving voices). Their dreams can tell them how to overcome obstacles, reach their goals, or lead a more spiritual peaceful life. They can even travel to others realms in this state.
4. Mediumship Empath - M.E's communicate with people, animals, and spirits on the other side. M.E. communication with the 'Other Side' can happen instantly to sensitive children and untrained adults.
5. Plant Empath - Plant Empaths have a natural attraction to plants, trees, and flowers. They intuitively connect with their needs and communicate with their spirits. They can sense if plants are healthy and what is required to heal them when they are not. They have a green thumb as plant life flouris